Sunday, December 31, 2017

Resolution or Not to?

The New Year has me thinking about all I want, and need to improve in myself. I see 2018 as an opportunity to grow, actually every year, every day, every minute, is. We may think more about improving ourselves as the New Year approaches, but, my guess is, most of us think about this daily. Improving my health & exercising more regularly are a few things that are often on my mind, but my follow through waxes & wains. I need a plan that helps me to be better. Some may see New Years resolutions as stupid, a set up to let yourself down? I see the New Year as a fresh start to becoming the person I want to be. It is true, the several things I’m looking to embrace, are a tad overwhelming, but if I improve even slightly, I am reaching for my goals. Expectations of ourselves are necessary for growth. If we never reach for better, we will never get there. So today, on this last day of 2017, I am going to share with my spouse the goals I have. I plan on making daily goals that are realistic & achievable. Together, with the encouragement of my biggest cheerleader, I am sure we can both be better in 2018. Happy New Year friends, I sincerely hope you can embrace whatever goals you set.