Saturday, February 24, 2018

Painful Endings

The days seem to be returning to our normal. Teale’s moods seem to be evening out again. It’s hard to tell if I’m right or imagining it though.
Last night I took her out to Mark’s gig. She was in a fabulous mood, until the end. Teale doesn’t like endings and goodbyes. She often suddenly melts down at the end of an event. It’s incredibly frustrating, especially, I think, if I’ve had a great time with her. The sudden shift in mood is difficult for others too. Seeing Teale happy is a joy to many! Everyone who knows her well, loves to see her having fun. Teale’s joy is contagious, it fills the room. We used to say, if Teale is happy, everyone is happy. It’s true, her happiness makes our family more content. When she’s edgy, unregulated and unpredictable, it’s uncomfortable to be with her. I feel anxious, as I tip toe through her moody moments, not sure what will set her off. A sudden shift in moods of anyone is a difficult position to be in, but living with Teale, this is common and quite exhausting. So last night was much fun, many friends and family came out and Teale charmed them all. She made the room shine with her love. The ending wasn’t pretty, but I’m choosing to remember the joy.