Monday, April 20, 2020

What I Learn

Often parents like me focus on what we can teach our special needs children, but I'm often reminded that I have learned far more from Teale than I have taught. She's taught me to appreciate the little things. She's taught me that a cup of coffee & the silence of the morning is priceless. That hearing the birds sing, shouldn't be taken for granted. She's taught me that friends are not as easy to come by as I once believed and that I should cherish mine with all my  heart. Teale has taught me that when there is a will, there is truly a way. She has taught me letting go & never giving up. Teale has taught me to be thankful for what I have & to be faithful to others. She has taught me to never forget the people I love who have moved on or died. Teale has taught me to believe in the unseen & to trust what my inner voice says. Teale has brought me closer to God & she has taught me love that is unconditional. Teale has taught me hope, faith & love, like no one else.