Saturday, September 30, 2017

Love Hard

Life is precarious, every day we try to remember this. We try to live life fully. We try to treat our loved ones with care & respect. We try to remember that at any moment, life could change.... but, we get caught up in the everyday issues. We get caught up in our own pain & difficulties. We forget to love completely, to forgive easily & to just be kind. Yesterday I had a jarring moment of reality. As I jumped out of the shower to answer my phone, I knew it was odd it was ringing at that time. I answered because I felt a push that I needed to & I was not wrong. It was the teary voice of my son's girlfriend. She had just been involved in in accident & needed me to pick her up. As I quickly got dressed & rushed to get her, thoughts were swirling in my head. I remembered when I totaled my Mom's car as a brand new driver. I remembered how scared I was. I remembered how tough it was to drive again after that accident. I not only felt like others didn't trust me, but I didn't trust me.
Yesterday, as I turned the corner toward the accident I realized there were several cars involved. There was a fire truck, an ambulance, police cars, my heart sank. The fear of it all, the realization that she could have been killed, rocked me. Life would have, could have been horrifically changed. She is ok, shook & shocked, but alive and well. All the drivers are fine, but it could have gone differently.
So, treat others with respect, be kind & love hard. Life is precious & we just never know when it will end.